Sunday, January 6, 2013

Oddballs!

If you've read my 1983 Topps Baseball blog, then you know I'm a fan of unusual, strange, and weird baseball stuff.  Oddballs.  I have a whole section of the blog dedicated to finding some curiosity involving the player I'm profiling. 

Sometimes it is a montage like the evolution of Oscar Gamble's afro

One time I used Google Earth to show where a monster home run off the bat of Dave Kingman landed.

It might be a crazy stat or pictures of Alan Knicely with and without facial hair.

A lot of time I unearth stuff researching for the '83 blog that I'd like to share but it doesn't fit with that blog. I didn't have an outlet.  Until now. 

I make no promises as to the frequency of my posts.  It may be weekly, twice a week, maybe more.   I might refer to something weird I see at a local Great Lakes Loons game.  I might even share something strange from the Little League team I coach or Tigers game I watched.  I have no idea how it will all play out.

You can follow the blog on blogger, follow me on Twitter, save this spot as a favorite or choose to ignore it altogether.

Feel free to offer suggestions for improvements or a subject you'd like to see covered.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment